Friday, June 04, 2010
Posted by Corinne Heller at 04:16:34 PM PDT
FlashForward fans plan to stage their own "blackout" on June 10 by pretending to pass out in front of ABC offices around the world to protest the network's recent cancellation of the show after its debut season.
"On June 10th, 2010......Fans of ABC's canceled FlashForward are going to blackout for 2 minutes and 17 seconds," Save FlashForward campaign's website states. "Come join us in a protest to change the doomed future of FlashForward.
In the sci-fi series, which starred LOST's Dominic Monaghan and Sonya Walger, the characters cope with the aftermath of a mysterious global "blackout" that lasted two minutes and 17 seconds, which rendered them unconscious. When they wake up, they receive what appear to be visions of their future on April 29, 2010 - six months away.
ABC confirmed in May that it had cancelled FlashForward. The show debuted in September 2009 and its ratings dropped steadily since then. FlashForward fans plan to launch their demonstrations, to try and save the show, in cities such as Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and London.
"We are sending calendars with 4/29 circled, friendship bracelets and letters to show our continuing support for FlashForward and we are sending them to the head of ABC, Stephen McPherson, who with a flick of his pen can give it second life," the campaign's website said, referring to the president of ABC Entertainment Group.
"We are getting FLASHFORWARD a SECOND SEASON!" it said. "SAVE FLASHFORWARD!!"
The campaign also urges fans to send homemade videos of themselves pretending to black out and then have a "FlashForward".