Pages

Room 23

A gathering place for those who love the ABC TV show Lost. This blog was started by a group of Fans who kept the Season 3 finale talkback at Ain't It Cool.com going all the way until the première of the 4th season as a way to share images, news, spoilers, artwork, fan fiction and much more. Please come back often and become part of our community.

Friday, January 30, 2009

'Lost' theory debunked: Richard Alpert NOT into eyeliner

Jan 30, 2009, 02:44 PM by Annie Barrett

Lost's Nestor Carbonell told Sci-Fi Wire he understands why everyone thinks he's into "guyliner," but that it's simply a myth. "I could see why some people would think I have eyeliner on because [my eyelashes] are dark. Especially the bottom row, they're pretty dark. I've been dealing with it since I was a little kid, and so to me it's very funny when it comes up," explained Carbonell while batting his lashes without even meaning to. "My brother told me to look online and sort of Google something about that, and my name came up as a couple things. One of them was Maybelline Man. I've been dubbed by some people as Guyliner. It's very amusing."
Certainly.

And so is a Lostpedia forum I just found, entitled "The importance of Alpert's eyeliner" -- which contains this speculative gem: "Aside from the theory that Richard Alpert is a vain metrosexual stuck on a permanent vacation, I think that Alpert's eyeliner relates to his immortality...like a pharoah or something...I've been researching all day, but can't find a conclusive connection to the ancient world, immortality and the wearing of eyeliner."

Thanks to Carbonell's brave speaking out on this important topic, we can stop all this wondering/researching and instead just be insanely jealous of the actor's natural gifts. So, moving on: What is the connection between Richard Alpert's occasional shadow-produced "smoky eye" (pictured) and Smokey the monster? WHOA.
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/01/richard-alpert.html

No comments: