Pages

Room 23

A gathering place for those who love the ABC TV show Lost. This blog was started by a group of Fans who kept the Season 3 finale talkback at Ain't It Cool.com going all the way until the première of the 4th season as a way to share images, news, spoilers, artwork, fan fiction and much more. Please come back often and become part of our community.

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Long Con So Far....

I've been to Comic-Con for almost 10 years now and I cannot believe how enduring and over crowded it has become. Today truly felt like the usual Saturday portion of the con....but...well...., it's freakin' THURSDAY!


Before I mention anything about the con specifically, I do need to say that Dominic Monahan IS here; I saw him in the Gaslamp downtown early evening in passing and a close friend of mine from the NYC LOST meetup group had a few minutes with him; shared a drink at a restaurant.

I texted him that he was full of it, my friend insisted, SO, hopefully he's here for the panel. He said Dominic swore he was not, but in the CC "bible," the entire scheduling program, he is not listed for any series as making an appearance nor doing any signings.So, take it for what its worth.

Anyway, it's been very busy and nearly impossible to get into your regular panels, even by trying to get in line an hour and a half prior. Most panels have the line forming outside in the sun and going today as Dr. Horrible was not going to happen. 2 people on line with me for a later panel said they waited 2 1/2 hours for Avatar. There's so much more to do here than have to stand still. (Maybe that's just the New Yorker in me.)

Regardless, you have to plan very well here in order to see what you wanna see. Gone are the days of getting to see 3-4 panels in one day. (Major ones, at least)Well, I plan to get in line tomorrow night around midnight if possible. I am not missing this panel.

Figure, ah, gettin' a bottle and a pillow will make the night go faster.I will do my best not to fail Jacob and the Island!

No comments: