Pages

Room 23

A gathering place for those who love the ABC TV show Lost. This blog was started by a group of Fans who kept the Season 3 finale talkback at Ain't It Cool.com going all the way until the première of the 4th season as a way to share images, news, spoilers, artwork, fan fiction and much more. Please come back often and become part of our community.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Doc Jensen: 'Lost' countdown, a week ahead: Who will take Jacob's job? Plus: Monkeys!

by Jeff Jensen

There’s an episode of Lost on ABC tonight, but I won’t be watching it. Why? Because I hate Lost. I just decided this. It’s stupid and silly and irritatingly pretentious with its pseudo intellectualism and shallow spirituality and allegedly cutting-edge extrapolation of theoretical physics that those nerdy crackheads at Wired love to slobber on about, and if one more mouth-breathing geeks asks me “What would you see in your flash-forward?”, I’m going to punch them… wait… oh. Oh! Sorry about that! I got my TV shows messed up there for a second. Lost! I love Lost! I’m obsessed with Lost! I write crazy theories about Lost! I write epic and incoherent recaps about Lost! But not tonight. The show is taking a breather this week in advance of its final four episodes in May, so tonight, we get a repeat of “Ab Aeterno,” the instant-classic that gave us the backstory of Richard Alpert and Jacob’s metaphor of The Island as a cork on a bottle keeping a toxic brew of evil from sloshing out into the world. If you haven’t seen the episode, then by jove, make sure you make time to watch it tonight, because it’s massively important, and there is absolutely no other way to see it anytime sooner or at any other point in the future. Then come back and read my recap. And as you do, treasure the experience. It will be the only time this season when you’ll actually find one of my recaps posted exactly on time and when you want it. (PS: That aforementioned Wired link will actually take you to the magazine’s insightful and geektastically fun tribute to Lost. Check it out when you’re done scanning these ramblings.)

Meanwhile, the rest of us will be counting the days until next week’s all new episode of Lost. I know the title. Maybe you do, too. If you don’t know and don’t want to know, then stop reading right here because the rest of this “Countdown To Next Week’s Lost” is all about the implications of the title. Okay? Okay. The title is called “Jack Loves Monkeys.” I suspect the episode will be 1. One of those “funny episodes” that Adam and Eddy write; 2. An untold tale of Jack’s season 3 Hydra Station incarceration chronicling his ill-fated bid to free Joop from his subterranean cage; or 3. The most controversial episode of Lost ever produced.

No comments: