Pages

Room 23

A gathering place for those who love the ABC TV show Lost. This blog was started by a group of Fans who kept the Season 3 finale talkback at Ain't It Cool.com going all the way until the première of the 4th season as a way to share images, news, spoilers, artwork, fan fiction and much more. Please come back often and become part of our community.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My experience as a Lost Blogger

First off I just want to thank you all for following and supporting me as I have strived to share news, spoilers, art and other things about this awesome show! Its been an incredible experience doing this and more importantly getting to know all of you in comments made here in various forms at Ain't It Cool, Lost For Life, Room 23 forums and meeting you in person at Comic-Con, D-23, ARG events and other places.

6 years ago Lost came out and I was actually watching Smallville and didn't want to add another show to my list. LOL I saw the Jack/Hurley scene where Hurley fainted while trying to help Jack fix the Marshall and it intrigued me. So during the Summer between Seasons 1 and 2 ABC aired reruns of most of Season 1 so I watched the Pilot and I was hooked for good. I watched the reruns and checked out the DVDs for the unaired ones. Come Season 2 I was so excited to see what was in the Hatch and if Kate would survive going down in the hatch (the trailers for the premiere had her go down and then a guillotine sound and her screaming LOL) I was in the rare minority that absolutely loved Season 2.

All of this eventually lead to my hanging out at Ain't It Cool talkbacks discussing the new episodes and doing watchbacks during the breaks and soon after I created this blog as a means to share news and spoilers with friends there. I had no idea that it would turn out to be something a lot bigger. A group of us ran it and it was a really fun experience. Over the years different people have come and gone, its been great getting to know all of them.

I can't say that Lost has changed my life, but I can definitely say that its added a lot to my life. I have related most to Locke and Jack with their test of faith and different points in their character arcs. I'm like Jack since I'm stubborn and Locke because of my faith in things to a fault. I have loved being able to hang out with all of you and to get to know you better. I have loved creating Lost designs and have appreciated all of your support and kind words. Its been an awesome ride, one that I hope to keep going for as long as possible.

I have many plans for the next few months and beyond. First off I plan on keeping Room 23 going with reports on what projects the actors and writers are up to along with info on the upcoming Season 6 DVD, The DK Lost Encyclopedia and more. I also plan on making a few cosmetic changes. Also Room 23 forums will continue to run as a place to discuss Lost and other things Troll free. http://room23.freeforums.org/index.php FlashForward is almost dead and gone unfortunately, I was planing on making the Mosaic Collective blog my new blog. So because of my love for another JJ Abrams show I plan on creating a Fringe blog and am even thinking of maybe a GLEE blog.?.?.?

Anyways as for Room 23 Store I am definitely keeping that going. There are tons of Lost characters to design for Trading cards with the Others, Dharma and other groups along with more Fringe and GLEE characters. I plan on finally doing some shirts on CafePress and eventually a 3 dimensional Trading Cards holder in the shape of the swan hatch! Plus much more. So keep coming back, because we have tons more in store! Thank you all for everything that you done to add to Room 23 by just being here!

Special Thanks to Anna of the Four Toed Foot and Anil of ODI for always being cool and helping me out when needed and to all of the other Lost sites out there who have plugged my store!

No comments: