Pages

Room 23

A gathering place for those who love the ABC TV show Lost. This blog was started by a group of Fans who kept the Season 3 finale talkback at Ain't It Cool.com going all the way until the première of the 4th season as a way to share images, news, spoilers, artwork, fan fiction and much more. Please come back often and become part of our community.

Friday, July 11, 2008

This "Lost" Star Is a Cool Mom

In my job as one of the hosts of "The Fashion Team" on TV Guide Channel - or, as I like to call it, "deep cable" - I meet various celebrities. One of the great aspects of motherhood is the insta-connection you can make with people of all stripes. Between takes on my show, it's best to chat with your guest, get to know them, make them comfortable, distract them so they don't notice it's taking 20 minutes to set up a shot. Some are more fun than others.


Elizabeth Mitchell, "Juliet" on "Lost," was a recent fave. We all loved her. I remember her from 10 years ago as Angelina Jolie's girlfriend in "Gia" (hot!). It took us about 10 seconds before we were chatting about our kids, who are only a couple weeks apart. Mitchell's not a Hollywood mom; she lives in Hawaii for the show half the year, and Seattle is her homebase and she doesn't have a nanny. Her husband and relatives help her out. Love a Mister Mom!

I asked her what's one of the beauty rituals that's gone out the window with motherhood. She said, "I'm doing it." She said she only puts nail polish on the toes that peek out of her pumps and since she doesn't wear those much (for motherhood or "Lost"), she doesn't bother with a full pedi - it's outfit dependent. Good tip! (No pun intended.)

She gained 70 pounds with her pregnancy. Wow, that's a lot of girl. She is tall so she could carry it better than I - I would have been a perfect circle. She's lovely now, so I asked her how she lost it: "Nursing and running." We chatted about how nursing peels off the pounds. I have the knees of 60-year-old, so the running isn't happening for me anymore.

I asked her if I could quote her on my blog. Being Ms. Perfect, she said (paraphrasing), "Oh, yeah, I think motherhood can be really hard, all that goes with it, and I like to demystify it."
I gazed at her, "You had me at the toenails."

2 comments:

Cheif Brody said...

Man...I coulda swore I posted a comment here a few days back....Hmmmmm. Curious.

Paul Burrows said...

Cheif,

I think that I saw your comment on the previous post, I saw the breastfeeding comment and thought that it was odd and then realized that you probably ment it for this post, but theres no way to move it here. Sorry Feel free to repost it here.